With the weather causing serious disruption to all waste services, the Council has provided the following update as of 10.00 am Thursday 1 March
- Household Waste Recycling Centres – located at Cuxton, Capstone and Hoath Way are all closed until further notice.
- Street Cleaning – All street cleaning services have been suspended, our Contractor Veolia has deployed the staff to assist with the gritting of high profile pedestrian areas.
- Refuse / Recycling Collections – As a result of the weather this week we have not collected from households programmed on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Veolia have tried to operate this morning however a number of collection staff have fallen and the waste compaction units are frozen in the vehicles. This means ALL WASTE COLLECTION SERVICES TODAY (THURSDAY) AND TOMORROW (FRIDAY) HAVE BEEN CANCELLED. We are advising residents that we will provide a double collection next week. Until that time they are advised to remove waste from the pavement.
- To enable Veolia to effectively collect twice the amount of waste next week, the Organic Waste collection service will be suspended all of next week. These resources will be used to assist with the backlog of black sack and recycling waste.
- Any bulky waste collection not picked up this week will be collected next week.