Cuxton, Halling and Riverside
In 2023, Cuxton and Halling grows from a rural ward south of the M2 to include two small urban areas in a new Riverside district. These areas give access to the precious countryside which surrounds us, and as a result of the growth we have an additional seat on Medway Council.
Our plan for Cuxton, Halling and Riverside includes:
- Protection of the surrounding countryside, including areas of outstanding natural beauty.
- To maintain village identities within the countryside, protecting our precious Green Belt.
- To oversee the traffic situation on the A228 with the advent of the 3rd Thames Crossing in mind.
- To establish a cycle/footway along the river, from Cuxton Station to the Cinema on Roman Way, which gives access between the villages and the urban areas.
- To enhance road surface safety at the bus stops along the routes.