Strood North and Frindsbury
Strood North & Frindsbury is well-connected, with easy access to major transport routes such as the A2 and M2, as well as Strood railway station, which provides regular services to London and other destinations. The area is also served by several local bus routes.
On 4th May 2023, Strood North is changing to become the new Strood North and Frindsbury ward. The boundary change transfers the mainly retail area south of the High Street – along Cuxton Road to the Darnley arch, and down to Morrisons/the river – into our ward.
Our ambition for Strood North & Frindsbury
Being residents of Strood, we recognise that we live in a fantastic place. With our award-winning green spaces to our fantastic leisure facilities to the regeneration of Strood Town Centre, we are optimistic and ambitious for the future of Strood North and Frindsbury and, to make it even better we want to:
- Use Council owned buildings within Strood North & Frindsbury to help facilitate community events.
- We are committed to protecting all discount schemes at Council run facilities such as Strood Leisure Centre for our elderly and younger residents.
- We will actively investigate the possibility of bringing back Strood Market, either in its original form or an adjusted one.
- We will reinvigorate the Strood Town Forum so we can work with businesses and other stakeholders on local strategies regarding recycling, events and making the high street more attractive for residents.
- We are determined to facilitate events like Food & Wine Festivals and Artisan Markets throughout the year to make Strood align with other Medway areas.